MYLVTV SCHOLAR ATHLETE CONTEST ONLINE NOMINATION OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: Thursday Night Lights Scholar Athlete Scholarship
Station: Chesapeake Media I, LLC and KVCW, LLC dba KSNV, KVCW and its digital sub channel commonly referred to as NVCW
Station Address: 1500 Foremaster Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Contest Area: Clark
Prize Provider(s): My LVTV
Age of Eligibility:
Entrants: Must be administrators or faculty of a Participating School.
Nominees: Must be student athletes (1) currently enrolled as high school seniors graduating in 2017, (2) who attend a Thursday Night Lights 2016 Season Participating School, (3) are active members in one or more of the Participating School’s athletic programs or teams, and (4) have a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Eligibility requirements must be met during the Contest Period.
Participating Schools: Durango, Valley, Green Valley, Centennial, Las Vegas, Cimarron-Memorial, Desert Pines, Liberty, Mojave, Sunrise Mountain, Spring Valley, Sierra Vista, Boulder City, Chaparral, Foothill, Silveradol, Arbor View, or Legacy
Contest Period: August 25, 2016 to May 31, 2017
Entries Due: December 31, 2016
Entry is limited to one entry per IP address, however, more than one nomination may be received for more than one nominee from different entrants.
Nomination Topic: Scholar Athlete
Judging Criteria: Letters of recommendation (25%), athletic and scholastic achievements (25%), clubs/volunteer work/community involvement (25%), essay construction, spelling/grammar and content (25%).
Total Number of Winners: Two (2) winners: one (1) male and (1) female
Winner Determination Date(s): Winners will be announced at annual Thursday Night Lights luncheon held at a date to be decided in early 2017.
Prize(s) and Value(s): Each prize includes a scholarship worth $2,500.00 made payable to the college or university winner attends. Scholarship monies are paid after the completion of the first semester/quarter at the college/university of choice and submission of the first semester/quarter transcripts to Station. Scholarship winners are to submit a copy their first semester/quarter college/university transcripts to KSNV/KVCW/NVCW, Attn: TNL 1500 Foremaster Ln., Las Vegas, NV 89101. Upon verification, scholarship monies will be sent within 60 days to the respective school’s Bursar’s Office to fund the student’s account.
Station’s Website: mylvtv.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://mylvtv.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
Administrators and Faculty of the Participating Schools will select and nominate male and female student athletes to be considered for the MyLVTV Scholar Athlete Scholarship. Nominees must be student athletes currently enrolled as high school seniors graduating in 2017, who attend a Thursday Night Lights 2016 Season Participating School, are an active member in one or more of the Participating School’s athletic programs or teams and have a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
Each student athlete nominee must complete and submit the MyLVTV Scholar Athlete Scholarship Application (to be provided under separate cover) along with the nominee’s transcript, test scores, two (2) letters of recommendation, and essay based on what the nominee wants to do when he/she grows up and the importance of the balance of education, physical fitness and giving back to the community. Applications and supporting information and essay shall be mailed to the Station Address, Attn: TNL. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail/entries or for printing errors. MyLVTV Scholar Athlete Scholarship Applications must be submitted by December 31, 2016. Said deadline may be extended at Stations’ discretion.
By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant is eligible to win the prize. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries/How to Win
Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria for the Nomination Topic. Judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest score(s) based on the criteria set forth above.
Winners will be announced on the to be decided Winner Determination Date in early 2017 at annual Thursday Night Lights luncheon.
The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award only one (1) scholarship in the event there is a lack of sufficient entries.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are administrators and faculty of a Participating School. Nominees must be U.S. residents who are who are at least the Age of Eligibility, are student athletes currently enrolled as high school seniors graduating in 2017, attend a Thursday Night Lights 2016 Season Participating School, are active members in one or more of the Participating School’s athletic programs or teams, and have a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified at a Thursday Night Lights awards luncheon. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.